Dear Faculty, Staff, Students, and Community Members,
The Pulaski County School District annually reviews its Vision, Mission, Purpose, and Beliefs statements. These are to serve as guides for planning and decision-making at every level. As a district, we want to (1) ensure our actions are aligned with these statements, and (2) ensure that these statements accurately express the desired direction of our district.
With these outcomes in mind, would you please consider what, if anything, should be added or changed in these statements? If you would like to share your thoughts, please click the link below to submit your recommendations to the Pulaski County Board of Education.
Director of Districtwide Programs
Pulaski County Schools
Pulaski County Schools 2016-2017
Every student - college and/or career ready
Pulaski County Schools will provide a safe, supportive environment to meet the individual needs of all students and ensure they are college and/or career ready.
Prepare all students to succeed in their future.
• We believe all students should be surrounded by an environment that will ensure their safety, stimulate their minds, and challenge their abilities.
• We believe in establishing high standards to ensure all students graduate college and/or career ready.
• We believe in continuous renewal to attain excellence in student achievement, and quality in system improvement for our district and schools.
• We believe in committing our resources to maximize student achievement, and student achievement is the determining factor in all decision making.
• We believe collaboration with students, faculty, staff, families, and key community and state stakeholders is vital to our students' and district's success.
• We believe each and every student matters; outcomes should not be predictable by gender, race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status; equity is necessary for students and staff.
• We believe in the development of students’ upright character so they may become conscientious and productive citizens in a complex, interconnected, and diverse world.
Board Approved, 11/8/16